Thursday, April 06, 2006

To God Be The Glory

We are made to bring God glory. Period. I wish this were my main focus. Unfortunately, my comfort is much more important to me. When God's glory is our purpose and drive, all else fades away and major set backs seem minor and even insignificant. When it comes down to it, what else matters? Why do I care so much about other's opinions or my own reputation? God promises to use all things for my good and somehow my good and His glory are very closely linked. If it's good for me, it brings Him glory. If it brings Him glory, it's good for me! How cool is that? So, if all things work together for the good of those who love Him, then all things are working for His glory! This is cause for celebration!

Each day, good or bad, is an opportunity to bring Him glory. Good days point to His goodness, kindness, gentleness, grace, and mercy. On the bad days - well, they aren't really bad, we are just distracted from Him - we run to Him and experience the Healer in our pain, the Comforter in our discomfort, and the Rock in our instability. What a mighty God we serve.

What does it mean to give God glory? To make Him look good. And, really, when you think about it... how hard is it to make God look good?! He IS good! It's His very nature. He's beautiful! All we have to do to bring Him glory is point out the good things that He does, which in turn point to His character and that brings Him glory!

Blessed be the name when the sun's shining down on me... when the world's all as it should be... Blessed be the name.

Blessed be the name on the road marked with suffering... when there's pain in the offering... Blessed be the name.

Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise... BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Amen!

This would have been a good song to sing on Saturday morning as we were driving home :-)

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home