Saturday, March 18, 2006

My Grandparents

I am spending the evening at my grandparents tonight. I am 25 years old and still have sleepovers at their house! Is that weird? I don't really care. They are probably the coolest old people I know ("old people" probably isn't the PC term these days but at 80 and 81, let's face it, they're old). And isn't it so nice of God to make them MY family?!

I have to share the cutest story about my grandparents. You see, when my grandparents got married, my grandma didn't know how to do too much when it came to cooking and housework. She would often burn meals, making them not edible. A lot of guys would probably be impatient about this and complain, but not my pap. He's the cutest Pap there ever was! He would just say, "Well, let's get out the soup and sandwiches!" Isn't that so sweet? He's just like that... sort of takes things as they come, easy going, great sense of humor. Just an all around likeable guy. I just love that story because it gives me hope since I don't know how to do much around the house either!

The other thing I want to say about my grandparents is that they are amazing listeners. Whenever I stop by to say hello, they always turn off the TV and ask me how I am doing. As often as this happens I am always leaving their house so grateful for their attentiveness. They let me interupt their day and then they put their focus on what's important to me. They are genuinely interested in what's going on, they listen to what I have to say and always have a way of making my "big issues" seem less overwhelming. It's so good to have a family with a sense of humor.

The even cooler thing is that I know that their kindness is really an expression of God's love for me. I know what it looks like to care for people because of their beautiful example. I am the most blessed person I know!

Well, I gotta go... we are playing dominoes! :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool is it that we have the same grandparents?! The really are the best ever.

And how cool is your blog?! nicely done, cutest cousin.

talk to you soon! love you!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Grandparents (and dominoes) at any age are cool! I'm glad you find such joy in your relationships with your grandparents and parents. It's been a good example for me to look up to :-) I'm glad you had fun!

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Lisa! I'm so glad the computer's letting me leave a comment. I actually have two: I'm so glad you've added more posts to your blog! AND I don't even know your grandparents, and I think they're adorable. =)

9:12 PM  
Anonymous girls fucking dog sex stories said...

CROSSTALK PHILLIPS Nice to meet you, Bobbie. Unfortunately,there wasnt a damn thing she could do that wouldnt bring kids who werelikely to arrive on the scene anyway.
good fuck stories
mom and son incest sex stories
free hertrosexual erotic stories
xxx beastiality stories
bestiality teen stories
CROSSTALK PHILLIPS Nice to meet you, Bobbie. Unfortunately,there wasnt a damn thing she could do that wouldnt bring kids who werelikely to arrive on the scene anyway.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home